We've now had four weeks of festively distressed fun playing with the Ranger/Tim Holtz Distress Powders along with our wonderful line of Dreamweaver Stencils and products. Huge thanks to Tim Holtz and the fab people at Ranger for sharing these four collaborative weeks with us, and providing the yummy shades of Distress Powders for us to create with. We've been inspired by the process, and we hope you have, too!If you haven't won one of the prize packages yet, you still have one more opportunity this week as the set below is up for grabs to a random commenter on one of the Dream Team blogs.
If you've been following along each week, you've seen some gorgeous creations with these stencils and powders, so you should be all fired up to get distressed! If you've missed the first three weeks, check them out once you've made the rounds today:My festively distressed project for this week is this:In keeping with the clean and simple and distressed embossing powders theme. Below is the stencil that I used.Ingredients
- Dreamweaver stencils: LG663 Peace on Earth
- Tim Holtz Distress Embossing Powders: Fade Jeans and Peeled Paint
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink: Peeled Paint
- Tim Holtz Distress Stain: Brushed Pewter
- Embossing Ink by Ranger
- Ranger's Liquid Pearl:gold
- Ranger's Foam Ink Applicator
- Tag by American Tag
- Ribbon by May ArtsMethod
- Tape the stencil to the tag.
- Pounce in the embossing ink with the foam ink applicator.
- With this stencil you need to be sure to get the fine lines with the embossing ink.
- Sprinkle the blue embossing powder on the words and the green on the trees
- Heat to melt the powder.
- Remember the Distress Powder will feel some what sandy or rough when melted.
- With a foam ink applicator, smuge the Peeled Paint ink on the edges.
- Using the Pewter Stain, color the edges of the tag.
- Take the gold Liquid Pearls and top the trees with a dot of gold.
- Add the ribbons and you are done!Don't forget to leave me some love before hopping to the rest of the Dream Team blogs:Please remember to continue to follow the team through the Dream It Up! blog as we bravely go where no stenciler has gone before, to like us on our Facebook page, and to learn from our fabulous weekly Thursday Tutorials on Paper Craft Planet as well.
Have fun and make art today!