Still feeling festive? We hope so! Dreamweaver and Ranger still have two weeks left of our Festively Distressed collaboration, and we are full of distressing ideas...Tim Holtz'Distress Powder ideas, that is. Mixed with our fabulous line of stencil designs and exciting products, your creativity will know no bounds! If you missed the first two weeks, start HERE and HERE!
For our postings this week and next, we are offering you the opportunity to win one of two prize packages, perfectly coordinated for your holiday crafting. Simply leave a comment on each of our Dream Team's posts, and YOU could be one of two randomly selected winners!
The Dream Team have been challenged for the month of November to create something CAS (clean and simple) for the holidays. The extra challenge is mixing the Distress Powders in for the collaboration with Ranger. Think that it's possible? Well...let's see...
Here's what I came up with:
I used the following stencils:
- Dreamweaver StencilsL LL547 Single Bare Tree, LS91 Season's Greetings and LS94 Bird on Branch
- Ranger Emboss It Clear Ink
- Ranger Foam Ink Applicator
- Tim Holtz Distress Embossing Powders - Peeled Paint, Worn Lipstick and Broken China
- Gold Liquid Pearls by Ranger
- Card Stock by Paper Cut
- Tape down the tree stencil on the card stock.
- Pounce on the embossing ink with the foam ink applicator - I love to use this method with stencils.
- Remove the stencil and sprinkle on the blue embossing powder.
- Heat unitl the embossing powder has melted - Distress powder is tricky.
- I find that the powder has a bit of shine when it is melted.
- Place the bird stencil on a branch.
- Pounce in the embossing ink.
- Remove the stencil, clean it!
- Sprinkle on the pink embossing powder.
- Heat to melt the pink powder.
- Repeat with the saying and the Peeled Paint embossing powder.
- Add a drop of gold Liquid Pearls on top of the tree.
So tell me what you think in your comment below before heading over to the rest of the Dream Team posts:
The Ranger blog is offering another amazing prize opportunity, just for playing along with the Ranger/Tim Holtz Distress Powders and Dreamweaver Stencils and linking your creation on the Ranger blog. You can find more details HERE.
We hope that you have been inspired by our creations, and will continue to follow the Dream Team through the Dream It Up! blog as well as to like us on our Facebook page. We really encourage you to play along with our monthly challenges for more prize opportunities and creative fun!
Now go have fun and do art today!
Remember, if you would like to purchase these stencils, email me.